Trek Team Support Functions
- GIS and GPS support & hands-on training (help non-techs use the equipment in the field)
- Local map production
- Field data collection and processing (including getting “local” data from local agencies as we pass through, for more detailed & current maps)
- Data delivery to ESRI- IMS team (via satellite internet connection)
- Access to weather updates (for support team logistics/planning)
- Field logistics and emergency communications Trek route adjustment and analysis (weather, fire, route access information and other issues)
- Facilitate trekkers personal communications and email (they will have email accounts for personal communications)Public Support Functions
- Customized map and graphic production for media events.
- Near real-time map data delivery to interactive public websites for trek-following.
- Assist with the educational outreach goals of American Frontiers and its partners.Southern Support Team Members Background Info
Wetherbee Dorshow - Earth Analytic.firstname.lastname@example.org://earthanalytic.com
Hollis Lawrence says: "My experience as a mobile GIS technical support volunteer on the American Frontier’s project was fabulous. I not only learned about and used exciting cutting-edge GIS technology, but I was also able to meet and share time with a number of highly motivated professionals in this burgeoning field. The trekkers and support team were ever grateful for the support we lent to the endeavor, and to show this gratitude they included us in countless meals and stimulating conversations. A noble cause, good company, and stimulating work….what better way to spend some time?